Thursday, May 08, 2008

Nicole2-%28logo%29.jpg What, you thought Nicole Richie's photo shoot with Harlow for Harper's Bazaar would be all pix and no dish? Guess again - the mag sat down with the celebutante and got one of her most candid interviews yet!

Mostly, as you might expect, she spoke about what her life's like now that she's a proud mother. She really stressed her newfound responsibility, mentioning that she'd been "nervous" the day before Harlow's pictures appeared on the cover of magazines. "I was just being a protective mom," she said. "If I didn't put a picture out, it would have been 10 times worse."

Of course, motherhood isn't all stress - in fact, Nicole says it's almost second nature! "Everyone talks about how difficult [motherhood] is in the first three months, but I absolutely love it... Every single thing is for Harlow. Joel took me out last week, and he was like, ‘Why don’t we go out and have a shopping day?’ But I ended up only going to kid stores…I didn’t get to buy shoes or anything.”

When it comes to marriage, however, she made it clear that she and Joel won't be getting married anytime soon. "One day, yeah - not tomorrow, not today," she told the mag. "We are committed to our family. I'm 26. I've definitely had a very eventful year. So right now, it's about me enjoying my time with my daughter."

Still, things between Joel and Nicole couldn't be better - "He’s never tried to change me. And if anything, we were friends first. We just have fun together. When we’re apart, we just get on iChat and don’t even say anything to each other…He likes to get girly sometimes. But he’d kill me if he knew I said that.”

And, of course, Harper's had to bring up her old friend Paris - and whether she'd be the next celebutante to find herself in a family way. Nicole's response? “Ha, nooo…But I don’t think anyone would have bet on me.”