Thursday, May 31, 2007

Paula Abdul breakdown

Leaked phone call of Paula Abdul crying to her representatives about she's being treated

image hosted by ImageVenue.com

Paula Abdul is hitting back after a phone call between the American Idol judge and her reps was leaked on Thursday.

"I am deeply hurt and extremely disappointed that someone has taken a private telephone conversation that I had with my representatives and released it to the media," Abdul says in a statement to TMZ.com.

"This is not only illegal but also highly unethical. While I don't feel a need to justify or explain my conversation, even as a public figure I do feel my privacy has been violated and find this action to be unacceptable."

On the audio tape of the call, first reported by the New York Post's Page Six, Abdul is allegedly heard crying and saying she had been treated badly by her representatives. "I've never been treated this way and I've never seen anybody treated this way," she says. "This is just too much to stomach."

Abdul also purportedly outlines some health problems during the call, which was later posted on YouTube.