Monday, November 12, 2007

The image “http://www.travisdavis.tv/images/logo_hollywoodreporter.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

Innovative Artists axes assistants

http://cache.defamer.com/images/2006/06/assistant-desk.jpg
By Carly Mayberry
Innovative Artists confirmed Monday that the talent and literary agency has laid off about 10 assistants.

It attributed the move to the impact of the writers strike, becoming one of the first examples of how the strike is significantly affecting the agency business beyond the expense cutting that already is taking place at a number of companies.

"If in my judgment I need to make changes ... (or) cut expense accounts, I'm going to do what every one of my competitors is doing," Innovative owner Scott Harris said. "I need to take measures to survive what could be a very lengthy strike. My priority is to keep this business running."

Harris said that he has no plans at this time to lay off any executives but that more assistants will probably be let go.