Wednesday, August 06, 2008

FOXNews.com

Howard Stern Sidekick Artie Lange Heads to Rehab

http://toppayingideas.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/artie-lange-howard-stern.jpg

August 06, 2008

FC1

Artie Lange, the plus-sized sidekick on Howard Stern's Sirius radio show, has checked himself into an intensive outpatient rehab program, the New York Post reports.

The comedian, 41, was scheduled to appear at the filming of the Comedy Central roast of close friend Bob Saget on Sunday, and a source told the newspaper he "felt awful for not being there for Bob, but needed to make his health a priority."

Lange's rep confirmed the news for the Post.

Lange, who has appeared on "MadTV" and in the movie "Elf," also canceled his stand-up shows this weekend, but plans to resume his role on "The Howard Stern Show" when it returns from hiatus.

The comedian has had well-publicized struggles with drugs, food and alcohol. In 2007, he told the Miami New Times that "I don't think I can keep doing what I'm doing right now as far as my health is concerned. The lifestyle I'm leading is brutally bad. I'm fatter than I've ever been. It's depressing."