Saturday, July 28, 2007

J. K. Rowling Will Not Say Good-Bye to Harry Potter For Good… "Probably"

"Of course I won't write anything as popular as this again. But I have truthfully known that since 1999, when the thing began to become a little bit insane"

In an interview USA Today famous author J. K. Rowling, 41, revealed that she has new project writings-one for children and one for adults.

She said: "I'm sort of writing two things at the moment. One is for children and the other is not for children. The weird thing is that this is exactly the way I started writing Harry. I was writing two things simultaneously for a year before Harry took over. So one will oust the other in due course, and I'll know that's my next thing."

Although she loved working for the Harry Potter series the author said that she needs some time out. However, she will not say good-bye to Harry Potter for good, as she "probably" will publish a Harry Potter encyclopedia.

When asked if she thinks that Harry Potter will last, she replied: "Honestly, yes. Of course I won't write anything as popular as this again. But I have truthfully known that since 1999, when the thing began to become a little bit insane. So I've had a good long time to know that, and I accept it."

She also confessed that the leak of the epilogue upset her the most, as she was concerned for the "10- and 11-year-olds who really wanted not to know"

"The leak of the epilogue upset me most. I had been working toward that point for a long time. I did have a sense-of-humor failure when the epilogue went up," Rowling said.

The author was very pleased about the general concern regarding Harry Potter's fate before "Deathly Hallows" was released.

"In the early days, everything was up for grabs. But early on I knew I wanted Harry to believe he was walking toward his death, but would survive."

"I was very proud people thought Harry's death was a genuine possibility. I was very proud, because my story had to make the possibility of death real. I wanted the reader to feel that anyone might die, as in life."

Rowling said that killing theree of her character was a very traumatic experience: "Fred (Weasley, brother of Harry's friend, Ron), Lupin (a former teacher at Hogwarts, the school for wizards and witches that Harry attended) and Tonks (Lupin's wife) really caused me a lot of pain. Lupin and Tonks were two who were killed who I had intended to keep alive... It's like an exchange of hostages, isn't it? And I kept Mr. Weasley (Ron's father) alive. He was slated to die in the very, very original draft of the story."